Aligos’ lead programs in CHB comprise oligonucleotide and small molecule candidates that target three clinically validated mechanisms that may contribute to a functional cure. Aligos harnesses its highly experienced scientific and management teams to advance its purpose-built pipeline.
As a healthcare company with longstanding experience in viral therapeutic development, we have a responsibility to determine whether our technologies may yield promising therapeutic candidates for COVID-19.
To this end, Aligos has expanded an existing license agreement with Luxna Biotech Inc., Ltd. granting Aligos exclusive rights to use Luxna’s innovative modified nucleic acid technology to target the genomes of certain viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19.
Additionally, Aligos has entered into a collaboration and license agreement with KU Leuven’s Centre for Drug Design and Discovery (CD3) and the Rega Institute for Medical Research, to develop a coronavirus protease inhibitor as a potential therapeutic candidate.
Aligos will provide updates regarding progress in these areas as appropriate.
Lawrence Blatt, Ph.D., MBA
Chief Executive Officer
• Global Infectious Diseases Therapeutic Area Head – Janssen
• Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer – Alios BioPharma
• Chief Scientific Officer – InterMune
• Senior Vice President, Research – Ribozyme/SIRNA
• Senior Director, Interferon Research – Amgen
Lucinda Quan, JD
Executive Vice President
Head of Business Development & Operations
• Executive Director, Head Transactionalist, West Coast Hub for Business Development & Licensing – Merck
• Vice President, Head of Legal Affairs – Alios BioPharma
• Vice President, Legal Affairs & Associate General Counsel – InterMune
Pierre Raboisson, Pharmacist D., Ph.D
Head of Small Molecule Medicinal Chemistry
Head of Belgium Site (Leuven)
• Vice President, Global Head of Medicinal Chemistry – Infectious Disease – Janssen
• Vice President, Head of Infectious Diseases Discovery EU – Janssen
• Vice President, Head of Medicinal Chemistry Europe – Janssen