Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
- A B.S. or M.S. chemistry degree with understanding of Oligonucleotide chemistry is required.
- Synthesis of oligonucleotides, deprotection, purification, desalting and lyophilization of oligonucleotides.
- Ability to operate Expedite/ABI/Mermade synthesizers and HPLC systems.
- Experience with purification of oligonucleotides by anion-exchange and reverse-phase HPLC systems and desalting by gel filtration or membrane filtration techniques is required.
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook and follow safe laboratory practices.
- Experience with a wide range of purification/analytical techniques, especially HPLC and/or HPLC-MS is required.