Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
This is a hands-on nucleosides / nucleotides synthetic chemistry position. This Scientist will be part of an innovative and interdisciplinary team with responsibilities including the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds, novel chemical modifications, with the opportunity to directly interact with project teams that include members from biology, PKDM, and toxicology groups. The successful candidate will have a strong experimental background and hands-on experience in several areas including synthetic organic chemistry, nucleoside modifications, oligonucleotide synthesis and conjugation
ONLY candidates with strong hands-on experience in synthesis of nucleosides/ nucleotides will be considered.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry and 5+ years of post-degree laboratory research experience with emphasis in nucleoside/ nucleotides chemistry in an industrial or academic setting.
- 3 or more years of strong experience in nucleoside, nucleotide and highly desirable. Strong experience in multi-step organic synthesis is a must; experience in oligonucleotide chemistry is a plus.
- Strong laboratory skills in synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules, expertise in state of the art analytical techniques such as LC, MS, NMR, and the ability to analyze, interpret, and present data are a prerequisite.
- Must be flexible to be able to apply her/his knowledge to new areas of study, thrive in a team environment, and possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proven track record of academic accomplishments (i.e., peer-reviewed publications and/or patents).
Demonstration of good lab practices, with particular attention to safety.
- This position has growth opportunities commensurate with job performance and company need.