Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to work in our virology group. The Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist will develop and support various assays within the small molecule or oligonucleotide functions. The ideal candidate will be experienced in various cell and molecular biology techniques and is enthusiastic about discovering new antiviral compounds.
- DMaintain and culture viruses as necessary, develop in vitro models of virus infection
- Establish robust cell-based compound screening assays across a broad array of target classes
- Act as a key member for drug discovery project teams and prepare and present experimental results to project teams
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure alignment around assay technology selection, assay quality criteria and validation requirements
- Operate a broad array of liquid-handling and plate-based equipment to ensure efficient automated workflows for assays
- Order and stock laboratory equipment and supplies for the Virology laboratory
- BS, MS or equivalent in the biological sciences or related field with 5+ years of relevant virology laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Extensive knowledge of virology assay development with applications for drug discovery in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Can independently design, execute and interpret in vitro studies and conduct broader scientific research with limited or no supervision
- Skilled at preparing technical documents such as development reports, protocols, INDs, conference publications, etc
- Self-starter, powerful innovator and energetic, personable scientist who can work collaboratively across different functional areas
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial with ability to support multiple programs simultaneously