Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented individual to join the multidisciplinary Biochemistry group. This person will be responsible for providing support for the company’s drug discovery programs using varied and broadly defined biochemical approaches. In addition, this person will work on project teams with other biologists and chemists to support the development of compounds.
- The Senior Associate Scientist will work as a member of the Biochemistry group.
- She/he will support multiple preclinical drug discovery programs in a multi-disciplinary fast-paced team environment.
- Duties will include protein sourcing for biochemical/biophysical assay development and optimization to perform compound profiling in multiple assay formats.
- Requires a B.S./M.S. in biochemistry, molecular biology or cell biology and minimum 5 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, molecular biology or enzymology, virology or a related field.
- Must be able to participate in highly effective teams where the core values of integrity, teamwork, attention to details, accountability and excellence are being observed.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Specific experience with developing biochemical assays applying luminescence, fluorescence, and radio-isotope usage
- Must have experience handling automated workstations and plate readers applied to high throughput screening
- Experience with enzyme kinetics, protein-ligand binding assays, and mode of inhibition studies
- Experience with protein purification methods is important (FLPC analysis using SEC, IMAC, and affinity tags and protease cleavage)
- Proficiency with common protein analytical and quantitative techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, UV absorbance, Bradford is preferred
- Experience with spreadsheet, database, data analysis, and scientific graphing software is required.
- Experience with molecular virology and tissue culture is preferable