Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to work in our oligonucleotide biology team. The Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist will develop and support various immunological assays within the oligonucleotide group; develop in vitro disease models; identify and validate drug targets and biomarkers in vitro and in vivo; develop and test compounds with in vivo efficacy models.The successful candidate will also function as a technical expert for the company and will have responsibility for evaluating, developing and integrating new technology into the drug discovery process.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Act as a key member for drug discovery project teams and interact directly with chemistry, virology and biochemical team members
- Develop multiplex cytokine assays in drug screening and biomarker research
- Isolate and work with primary human and mouse immune cells
- Design innovative assays to identify novel drug targets and to use in translational research
- Develop in vitro HBV and liver inflammation/fibrosis disease models in cell lines and primary human hepatocytes
- Develop in vivo disease models such as HBV HDI model and liver cancer models
- Manage external projects at contract research organization(s)
- Communicate progress against objectives effectively to scientists and management at all levels
- M.S. or Ph.D. in the biological sciences or related field with 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Prior experience working in an oligonucleotide-focused research environment is a requirement
- Sound scientific knowledge of immunology as evidenced by publication record and ability to independently influence scientific thinking and direction of projects in industry
- Can independently design, execute and interpret in vitro and in vivo studies and conduct broader scientific research with limited or no supervision
- Skilled at preparing technical documents such as development reports, protocols, INDs, conference publications, etc
- Self-starter, powerful innovator and energetic, personable scientist who can work collaboratively across different functional areas
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial with ability to support multiple programs simultaneously
Interested parties should provide a detailed resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org