Aligos Therapeutics (www.aligos.com) is a biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
Aligos is searching for a scientist to join its cell biology department in Leuven. We are seeking a highly motivated biotech-oriented biologist with extensive experience in cell-based assays. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing new assays and studying the mechanism of action of compounds of interest. She/He should have a track record of innovation, creative problem solving and a biotech spirit. The individual should be an expert in cellular and molecular biology and possess a broad scientific knowledge. Specific experience in molecular virology or oncology is a plus. The candidate will lead studies both in-house and at CROs.
- Setup and implement robust cell-based assays across a broad array of target classes
- Propose, develop and optimize appropriate experiments to interrogate the mechanism of action of different classes of compounds
- Analyze and interpret data, delivering results for time-sensitive goals
- Take ownership of project and work as part of a collaborative team
- Act as a key member for drug discovery project teams and prepare and present experimental results to project teams
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. in Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
- Successful track record in assay set-up, mechanistic studies and overall project management that resulted in high-quality publications
- Expertise in molecular virology and immunology is a plus
- Expertise in all common molecular and cellular biology techniques, as a significant amount of time will be spent in the lab
- Ability to work independently and support multiple programs simultaneously
- Highly motivated individual willing to go above and beyond to be successful and to be a key contributor in a highly innovative company
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills are required
Interested parties should provide a detailed resume including references to email@example.com