Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California and Leuven, Belgium that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases including hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented individual to lead our discovery oncology team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional cancer biology leader with a track record of leadership and innovation in oncology. The successful candidate will also function as a technical expert for the company and will have responsibility for evaluating, developing and integrating new technology into the drug discovery process.
- Lead company strategy in cancer biology and translational sciences, including in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, biomarker discovery, IND-enabling studies, and clinical applications
- Oversee internal and external cancer biology activities focused on establishing mechanism of actions (MOAs) and expanding applications for selected candidates and clinical compounds
- Initiate novel projects based on clinical unmet medical needs and advanced oncology research
- Develop research strategies to effectively advance discovery projects and expand clinical application of existing clinical compounds
- Collaborate with the medicinal chemistry, DMPK and preclinical safety groups to move programs forward to IND submissions
- Work as a strong team player with the ability to partner effectively with internal teams, cross-functional experts and external collaborators
- Manage collaborations with external academic and contract research organizations to advance oncology projects
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare study reports and summaries
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences
- Communicate progress against objectives effectively to scientists and management at all levels
- Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline with 10+ years of oncology assay development with applications for drug discovery in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Sound scientific knowledge of oncology as evidenced by publication record and ability to independently influence scientific thinking and direction of projects in industry
- Can independently design, execute and interpret in vitro and in vivo studies and conduct broader scientific research with limited or no supervision
- Strong scientific accomplishment with publications and innovative discoveries (patents) with high impact in the field
- Skilled at preparing technical documents such as development reports, protocols, INDs, conference publications, etc.
- Experience in murine tumor models, PK/PD and MOA studies in vivo
- Self-starter, powerful innovator and energetic, personable scientist who can work collaboratively across different functional areas
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience managing direct and indirect reports
- Self-driven, creative and entrepreneurial with ability to support multiple programs simultaneously
Interested parties should provide a detailed resume including references to email@example.com