Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented individual to join us to support analytical chemistry need for both the Discovery and CMC groups.
- To provide direct laboratory support to medicinal chemistry and CMC (drug substance and drug product) including but not limited to separation and structural elucidation of compound
- To support physical property characterization of NME including solubility, stability, polymorphs, and others
- To develop and to maintain common analytical methods for colleague chemists to conduct their routine analysis
- Conduct in-house stability study of API and drug product in early development, maintain in-house inventory of NME metabolites, degradants, reference standards
- Communicate progress against objectives effectively to scientists and management at all levels
- Ph.D. with at least 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry working with small molecule new chemical entities (NCEs), knowledge in nucleosides and oligonucleotides chemistry is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical chemistry, in-depth familiarity with analytical methodology used for characterization of drug substance (NMR, HPLC, DSC, TGA)
- Knowledge in formulation development for early clinical development
- Experience with technology transfer of analytical methods to outsourced projects at contract manufacturers
- Extensive understanding of other disciplines related to early development and demonstrated cross-functional experience
- Skilled at preparing technical documents such as development reports, protocols, etc.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams under defined timelines