Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California that is developing novel medicines to treat liver diseases in virology, inflammation/fibrosis and oncology. Aligos is pursuing the development of both oligonucleotide-based and small molecule therapeutics, each addressing major commercial market opportunities.
At Aligos, our science is the key to our success, and to improving patients’ quality of life. Our pipeline of developing novel compounds and investigative therapies reflects our commitment to bring innovative products to patients with unmet needs in the area of liver diseases.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become an early employee of an exciting and high energy pre-IPO Research and Development company. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who understands and appreciates the entrepreneurial environment of a “start-up” and who is willing to do what it takes to contribute to the success of the company.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our CMC group. The role of this person is to develop, optimize and implement synthetic chemistry processes and scale-up activities for early stage pre-clinical development.
- Development of novel synthetic chemistry processes and preparation of drug substance to support early stage pre-clinical development
- Process optimization, technology transfer and support of scale-up and manufacture of drug substance to support non-clinical and clinical studies
- Communicate progress against objectives effectively to scientists and management at all levels
- Coordinate with other groups within the company to ensure timely delivery of drug substance for non-clinical and clinical studies
- Ph.D. with at least 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry working with small molecule new chemical entities (NCEs), knowledge in nucleosides and oligonucleotides chemistry is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry, process research, scale-up and optimization from laboratory scale to sub-kilogram scale.
- In-depth familiarity with analytical methodology used for characterization of drug substance
- Experience with technology transfer of outsourced projects at contract manufacturers
- Extensive understanding of other disciplines related to Process R&D and demonstrated cross-functional experience
- A track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by high quality publications and/or patents
- Skilled at preparing technical documents such as development reports, protocols, etc.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams under defined timelines